|Affiliate Revenue Information|
Top 5 Tips For Frustrated Affiliate Program Marketers
Do you go through affiliate programs like most people go through pairs of socks? Many Internet marketers do. In fact, 97% of all Internet marketers never make a single cent advertising opportunities on the Internet. They jump from one opportunity to the next and never see results. If you want to break free from this cycle of failure-- if you want to earn a living off of your Internet ventures--continue reading. I will tell you exactly how you can earn money from any legitimate affiliate program.
In order to get the most information from what I am about to explain to you, you must accept that these methods are not intended to be "secrets." These are scientifically-proven, best-practice methods that all top marketers use. If you want results, you will have to do and continue to do the following five things:
1. Know your product. Do not advertise for a product or affiliate program that you are not currently using. I cannot even count the amount of affiliate programs and product offers I have rejected immediately from people who know very little about what they are actually promoting. If you want to make money selling a product or service, you have to use it, understand it, and be able to convince your prospects that they should own it. If you yourself do not believe in it-- because you have not even tried it--then you will have a hard time convincing anyone else it is worthwhile.
2. Know your field. You must continually become more knowledgeable about the market in which you are selling your product or service. For instance, I try to read at least 50 pages on Internet marketing each day to complement the marketing I do. This keeps me learning about my field. The best part about this is that you can do it without spending any money at all. The Internet is loaded with free content sites where you can find free ebooks and special reports on any subject. The Internet is also loaded with affiliate program promoters who are out-selling you. Use google to find these sites and then reverse engineer them--pick apart the source code, page setup, and content layout to find out how you can become more like your competition who is outselling you.
3. Focus your efforts and limit your innovation. As much as "limiting your innovation" may go against your business instincts, it is an absolute must with a limited marketing budget. Figure out what works for you scientifically by measuring your advertising results. When you find something that works, stick with it. If you are getting traffic from reciprocal links, continue to build them. If you are getting constant sign-ups from your newsletter, improve your newsletter and order more leads. Do not stray far from your original plan. Preset the amount of innovative ideas you want to try out each night, but center your marketing efforts around getting better results from methods that have already worked for you.
4. Spend money wisely. The Internet is loaded with scams and bad information. It is really easy to be tricked into blowing money on "get rich quick" schemes and information that you can find in free resources. I personally have spent thousands of dollars needlessly. But do not get me wrong; I am not saying there are no legitimate affiliate promotion services or information products out there: I am saying that the vast majority of them do not work as well as they say they do. So hold onto your cash. When you find a product that multiple people have personally recommended to you, then consider buying it. Otherwise, conserve your cash for purchasing services or products that will produce hard, definite results, such as email leads for your newsletter or phone leads you can contact personally to promote your program.
5. Remember that your success is dependent on your choices and your work alone. If you get upset about not becoming successful with a specific affiliate program, do not blame the program--blame yourself. Do a thorough analysis of what you could be doing better and how you could be making quantitative progress every single day. There are people who do not pay any money at all for promotional services and yet are still able to make a living just from using free tools on the Internet. If they can do it, there is no reason at all why you cannot. Joining a marketing group or forum in your field will help you realize this reality. Seeing and talking to people who are succeeding in your field will remind you that it is entirely possible to make money online without having a million dollars to begin with.
While there are some "secrets" to getting more sign-ups and site visitors, the bigger part of affiliate program marketing is following a sound business plan. If you keep the five concepts I have listed above central to your marketing campaign, you will not fail. But, if you continue to market sporadically--switching from product to product and method to method--you will never break out of that 97% who never make money.
Copyright 2004 Isaiah Hull
About The Author
Isaiah Hull publishes Home Business Tips, a fresh and informative newsletter that focuses on building successful internet businesses and promoting affiliate programs. Stop by http://www.workathomerightnow.net or send a blank email to mailto:workathomerightnow.com to receive a year's subscription for free.
Retail Briefing: Retailers are trying to loosen Amazon's grip on affiliate revenue
As customer acquisition costs through Facebook and Google rise, retailers are turning to publishers for help. Affiliate partnerships with publishers is becoming an increasingly appealing solution for retailers to drive traffic to their sites with ...
Search Engine Journal
Amazon oneTag – Using it to Earn More Affiliate Revenue?
Search Engine Journal
What makes Pinterest so shoppable?: Q&A with Product Manager Tim Weingarten
... we distribute them with Shop the Look content. We also do it ourselves with visual search on older images. I like that it brings value for the products being utilized; the Pinner, whose problem is solved; and the content creator, who's building ...
New NAD Decision Addresses Affiliate Links
Ad Law Access
Firsts, the content was created by writers who did not know whether or not the company would receive any affiliate revenue based on purchases of the recommended products. Second, neither the retailers nor the brands mentioned in the guides had any ...
Wall Street Journal
Vox Media On Pace to Miss Revenue Target as Digital Advertising Disappoints
Wall Street Journal
BuzzFeed, for example, recently launched a product review site to capitalize on affiliate revenue sales, and its news division has begun asking readers to chip in with donations. In August, Vox Media announced internally a reorganization of its ...
InStyle Partners With Amazon For Ecommerce, Reader's Choice Awards
“The millions of women who come to InStyle every day don't just want to be inspired to buy, they expect automated commerce. That's modern shopping,” said Laure Frerer-Schmidt, publisher of InStyle. To meet this expectation, InStylehas partnered with ...
Use Of Affiliate Links Does Not Necessarily Transform Editorial ...
Mondaq News Alerts
In a significant new Decision, NAD has declined jurisdiction over content in Buzzfeed's "Shopping Guide" because of its determination that it does not constitute ...
BuzzFeed Shopping Guide Is 'Editorial,' Not 'Advertising,' Industry Watchdog Says
... and want to ensure that the editorial content you're sponsoring or advertising against is not treated as your advertising, especially if you're providing affiliate revenue to a publisher, make sure to implement policies and practices that ...
Business Wire (press release)
MainStem, Inc. Continues Expansion in the Ancillary Cannabis Supply Industry and Prepares for Merida-Led Series C ...
Business Wire (press release)
MainStem also saw over 500% Quarter over Quarter growth in affiliate revenue, and now serves customers across 13 states and Puerto Rico. The company, part of the Merida Capital Partners portfolio of companies, has been growing exponentially over a ...
Viacom Soars on Affiliate Revenue Forecast
On a day when the Dow Jones Industrial Average officially entered market correction territory, and despite disappointing revenue growth in its fiscal first quarter, Viacom stock soared Thursday after the programmer increased its forecasts for ...
|home | site map|