|Affiliate Revenue Information|
Top 5 Tips For Frustrated Affiliate Program Marketers
Do you go through affiliate programs like most people go through pairs of socks? Many Internet marketers do. In fact, 97% of all Internet marketers never make a single cent advertising opportunities on the Internet. They jump from one opportunity to the next and never see results. If you want to break free from this cycle of failure-- if you want to earn a living off of your Internet ventures--continue reading. I will tell you exactly how you can earn money from any legitimate affiliate program.
In order to get the most information from what I am about to explain to you, you must accept that these methods are not intended to be "secrets." These are scientifically-proven, best-practice methods that all top marketers use. If you want results, you will have to do and continue to do the following five things:
1. Know your product. Do not advertise for a product or affiliate program that you are not currently using. I cannot even count the amount of affiliate programs and product offers I have rejected immediately from people who know very little about what they are actually promoting. If you want to make money selling a product or service, you have to use it, understand it, and be able to convince your prospects that they should own it. If you yourself do not believe in it-- because you have not even tried it--then you will have a hard time convincing anyone else it is worthwhile.
2. Know your field. You must continually become more knowledgeable about the market in which you are selling your product or service. For instance, I try to read at least 50 pages on Internet marketing each day to complement the marketing I do. This keeps me learning about my field. The best part about this is that you can do it without spending any money at all. The Internet is loaded with free content sites where you can find free ebooks and special reports on any subject. The Internet is also loaded with affiliate program promoters who are out-selling you. Use google to find these sites and then reverse engineer them--pick apart the source code, page setup, and content layout to find out how you can become more like your competition who is outselling you.
3. Focus your efforts and limit your innovation. As much as "limiting your innovation" may go against your business instincts, it is an absolute must with a limited marketing budget. Figure out what works for you scientifically by measuring your advertising results. When you find something that works, stick with it. If you are getting traffic from reciprocal links, continue to build them. If you are getting constant sign-ups from your newsletter, improve your newsletter and order more leads. Do not stray far from your original plan. Preset the amount of innovative ideas you want to try out each night, but center your marketing efforts around getting better results from methods that have already worked for you.
4. Spend money wisely. The Internet is loaded with scams and bad information. It is really easy to be tricked into blowing money on "get rich quick" schemes and information that you can find in free resources. I personally have spent thousands of dollars needlessly. But do not get me wrong; I am not saying there are no legitimate affiliate promotion services or information products out there: I am saying that the vast majority of them do not work as well as they say they do. So hold onto your cash. When you find a product that multiple people have personally recommended to you, then consider buying it. Otherwise, conserve your cash for purchasing services or products that will produce hard, definite results, such as email leads for your newsletter or phone leads you can contact personally to promote your program.
5. Remember that your success is dependent on your choices and your work alone. If you get upset about not becoming successful with a specific affiliate program, do not blame the program--blame yourself. Do a thorough analysis of what you could be doing better and how you could be making quantitative progress every single day. There are people who do not pay any money at all for promotional services and yet are still able to make a living just from using free tools on the Internet. If they can do it, there is no reason at all why you cannot. Joining a marketing group or forum in your field will help you realize this reality. Seeing and talking to people who are succeeding in your field will remind you that it is entirely possible to make money online without having a million dollars to begin with.
While there are some "secrets" to getting more sign-ups and site visitors, the bigger part of affiliate program marketing is following a sound business plan. If you keep the five concepts I have listed above central to your marketing campaign, you will not fail. But, if you continue to market sporadically--switching from product to product and method to method--you will never break out of that 97% who never make money.
Copyright 2004 Isaiah Hull
About The Author
Isaiah Hull publishes Home Business Tips, a fresh and informative newsletter that focuses on building successful internet businesses and promoting affiliate programs. Stop by http://www.workathomerightnow.net or send a blank email to mailto:workathomerightnow.com to receive a year's subscription for free.
'Mission Impossible' powers Viacom results beat
Viacom said worldwide affiliate revenue was $1.19 billion, beating estimates of $1.17 billion, according to data from Refinitiv. Total consolidated revenue in the fourth quarter ended Sept. 30 also rose 5 percent to $3.49 billion from $3.32 billion a ...
Viacom Revenue Hits $3.49 Billion in Q4 Driven By Double-Digit Gains at Paramount
Viacom Expects Revenue Growth in 2019
Viacom Reports Strong Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results
A Closer Look At Disney's Fiscal 2019
In Q1, results at ESPN were comparable to the prior-year quarter as affiliate revenue growth was offset by higher programming and production costs, driven by contractual rate increases, and lower advertising revenue. This trend is likely to continue ...
What To Expect From Disney's Q4 Earnings
Disney's Media Networks revenue for the third quarter grew 5% y-o-y to $6.1 billion, driven by growth in affiliate revenue, offset by a decline in advertising revenues. The segment's operating income declined 1% y-o-y, as higher results at Broadcasting ...
Disney Earnings Jump Despite Cable Network Unit Decline
Broadcasting & Cable
ESPN was flat as affiliate revenue growth was offset by higher programming and production costs and 5% lower ad revenue. Related: European Commission Clears Disney-Fox With Some Conditions. Broadcasting operating income jumped 66% to $379 ...
What Happened in the Stock Market Today
Media networks had a 1% decline in revenue to $2.52 billion, with a 4% increase in affiliate revenue more than offset by a 6% drop in revenue from advertising. Viacom is meeting the cord-cutting challenge by ramping up production of content for ...
Disney's Broadcast, Cable Units Record Revenue Hikes
ESPN revenues were comparable to the prior-year quarter, with gains on affiliate revenue growth. At the same time, that network recorded lower advertising revenue. Broadcasting -- its TV networks and TV stations -- witnessed 21% more revenues to $1.8 ...
Disney's media network revenues rise despite BAMTech, Hulu losses
Here's what every major analyst said about Disney's earnings and its new streaming service
Disney reveals SVOD details, reports 12% Q4 revenue hike
Retail Briefing: Retailers are trying to loosen Amazon's grip on affiliate revenue
As customer acquisition costs through Facebook and Google rise, retailers are turning to publishers for help. Affiliate partnerships with publishers is becoming an increasingly appealing solution for retailers to drive traffic to their sites with ...
Disney Caps Off a Solid Year With a Strong Quarter
Results at ESPN were approximately flat with the year-ago quarter, which isn't a bad showing given the challenges presented by the changing consumer media environment. Affiliate revenue grew due to contractual rate increases, but it was partially ...
The Walt Disney Company Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year Earnings for Fiscal 2018
Disney's (DIS) Q4 Earnings, Revenues Beat Estimates, Up Y/Y
The Walt Disney Company - DIS - Stock Price Today - Zacks
Disney Shares Rise After Big Q4 Earnings, Sales Beat
Operating income increased $150 million to $379 million, due to higher program sales and affiliate revenue growth. Media Networks revenues rose 9 percent to $6.0 billion. Results at ESPN were comparable to the prior-year quarter as affiliate revenue ...
Disney Smashes Earnings Expectations Ahead of Fox Acquisition
DIS Analyst Opinion | Analyst Estimates | Walt Disney Company (The) Stock - Yahoo Finance
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Photography Deals 2018
'Tis the season to keep late-stage capitalism afloat for at least a few more weeks by purchasing the latest photography gear at steeply discounted prices (while keeping PDN afloat with all that sweet, sweet affiliate revenue). We've created a running ...
|home | site map|