There are many opportunities to make money working on the Internet. Becoming an affiliate marketer is a great way of having your own online business. Here are ten excellent reasons why you should choose affiliate marketing for your home based business.
1. Be Your Own Boss - What a magical ring that phrase has to it! This is my absolute favourite reason for being an affiliate marketer. Actually, it is my top reason for having any home based business.
2. Low cost set-up - Most affiliate programmes are free to join, so all you need to start your business is an Internet-connected computer and word-processing software. You can work from absolutely anywhere in the world and it makes no difference whether you have a cosy office or work from a corner of your kitchen table.
3. No shipping costs - You don't need to worry about paying for postage or buying packing stuff such as boxes, wrapping paper, parcel tape, labels and so on. You never have to struggle with carrying heavy packages to the post office. The cost and bother of packing and shipping products to customers belongs to the merchant, not the affiliate.
4. Choice of thousands of products and services - All you have to do is decide what you want to sell (and, of course, what you think people will want to buy), just about everything is available online. With affiliate directories like Clickbank it's easy to find products to sell.
5. No merchant account or invoicing software required - You can forget the problems associated with invoicing, collecting payments and processing credit cards. The merchant handles all payment processing; as an affiliate, you never have to worry about chargebacks, fraud or losing your merchant account.
6. On sale everywhere - Your sales area has no geographic limits but you don't have to leave home. You can promote your web site worldwide, every Internet user in the whole world is potentially your customer (and you call this a small business!).
7. High income potential -With your own affiliate business your income level is limited only by your desire and effort - not by corporate salary scale structure or the whim of your boss.
8. No inventory to carry - You can sell any item, large or small without having to worry about storage space. You could sell trucks from a one-bedroom apartment! You don't have to the worry or expense of insuring stock or having extra security to protect it.
9. Low running costs - Apart from a modest budget for advertising and a small amount to pay for your internet connection, you have nothing much in the way of overheads. You work from home, so the big expense of renting premises is avoided and it is possible to get income tax reductions to cover some things such as part of your electricity and phone bills.
10.Always open for business - As an affiliate, your business keeps running and pulling in profits for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even on Bank Holidays. You are open for business even while you are asleep. You don't have to worry about business hours or delivery deadlines, all that proceeds on autopilot. You don't have to worry about scheduling staff holidays: you don't even need any staff!
This is one of a series of articles published by
the author, Elaine Currie, BA(Hons) at
Subscribe to Online Profit newsletter by
100's of free tips and advice on working online
Why Arent You Making a Ton of Cash as an Affiliate?
5 keys to you becoming a successful affiliate:1) HAS THE OWNER OF THE PROGRAM DONE HIS OR HER RESEARCH?Before you become an affiliate for someone, you want to know one major thing. You want to be very sure they've taken the time to test their whole sales process!Have they invested some of their own time and money into fine-tuning and improving their sales letter until it really converts visitors into buyers? Is their ordering process simple for your prospects to navigate?The last thing you want to do is spend a lot of your time and money to generate traffic to a sales letter that can't sell its way out of a paper bag, right?One way to figure this out is to use a little common sense.
Affiliates Go To School!
It has been said that only 2% of affiliate marketers ever make any "real" money from their efforts. The rest struggle and flounder as they see most of their efforts fail.
The Easiest Way For Beginners To Make Money Online
There are obviously many ways to make money online, some simple, some quite complicated..
Affiliate Revenue For Beginners
Affiliate programs can be a very powerful source of income for your website and many meaning the majority of websites on the net uses affiliate programs to generate revenue from there websites and many are making lots of cold hard cash. Here are the most common terms that you will encounter with affiliate programs-Cost Per Click (CPC) or Pay Per Click (PPC)-Cost per thousand (CPM)-Cost Per Action (CPA)-Cost Per Sale (CPS)Cost Per Click (CPC) or Pay Per Click (PPC)The cost per click-through; the fee charged every time a user clicks on a
banner ad or HTML link.
Affiliate Marketing: Starting Out On The Internet
So you want to start your own business, and you want to start it without mortgaging your house and maxing out your credit cards. You've done the market research and you've concluded that by far the largest market place in the world is right there in front of you within the cyber world of the internet.
Affiliate Programs and Picking the Best One!
Okay, so you have been looking at affiliate programs for a while now. Your inbox is filling up with all these advertisements and you just don't know how to pick the right program.
11 Awesome Ways To Explode Your Affiliate Commission
1. Start your own affiliate program directory.
23 Ways To Use An Ad Tracker
The ad tracker was originally developed to provide a record
of all hits to a site resulting from ad placements. This
article shows a host of different ways to utilise an ad
The Logic Behind Niche Content Profits
In researching most successful online businesses, you start to notice a trend emerge. As far as websites go, there are a few giants such as Yahoo and MSN that cover every topic imaginable.
A Wake Up Call To Always Remember
I received two emails this weekend. Both were as a result of autoresponder follow ups these people were receiving from my business.
6 Critical Rules When Building An Affiliate Website
There are 6 rules you must use when building any affiliate website if you want the website to make you any money.Building Your Site Rule #1
Always have a strong headline.
Selling Merchandise On Your Website
If you take away poker, dating, and naked ladies, custom merchandising is the big success story of the Internet. The ultimate combination of e-commerce and affiliate marketing, millions of websites around the world turn to online merchandising companies - both to market their URL and to extract some cash from loyal visitors.
How to Grow an Affiliate Marketing Business
The biggest failure in affiliate marketing is not collecting prospects' email addresses. If you only send your prospects to your affiliate website, you are promoting someone else's business, not your own.
You Have to Spend Money to Earn Money
It surprises me that many people fail to grasp this concept as they first set out to start their own businesses. Thanks to the power of the Internet, anyone who has a computer and an Internet connection can now START their own online businesses with little investment.
Top 3 Things All Affiliate Marketers Need To Use
Every affiliate marketer is looking for exactly what allows those truly successful markets to make the big affiliate paychecks. It seems at times to be almost a magic formula! It is not.
Expanding Your Business With Affiliate Programs
Many people think that they can only get involved in e-commerce if they have a product or service of their own to sell -- or a lot of products and services to sell. But this simply isn't true.
Finding the Perfect Affiliate Program
Finding a good affiliate program can be sometimes daunting and overwhelming task, but it doesn't have to be. Luckily the web is filled with excellent resources for identifying the best affiliate programs.
Affiliate Marketing at a Glance: Helpful Hints
Regarded as one of the choice Internet marketing systems offered to small businesses, affiliate marketing has caught the attention of accomplished entrepreneurs across the globe. With virtually no risk involved in the affiliate marketing game, payment is made only after results are provided.
Basic IdeaAffiliate marketing is a type of marketing in which revenue sharing between online merchants and online salespeople (affiliates), whereby compensation is based on performance measures, typically in the form of sales (Pay Per Sale), clicks (Pay Per Click) and impressions (Pay Per Impressions).Merchants run affiliate programs to generate leads and sales from other Web sites.
Affiliate Marketing Step... Set Yourself Apart from the Rest.
I'm sure you've heard the expression, "This is where you separate the men from the boys."It's usually used when you're faced with some ridiculous stunt like jumping off a bridge with a rubber band tied to your foot.