|Affiliate Revenue Information|
How To Win The Affiliate Game
Are you frustrated with your affiliate programs?
I used to be. Very frustrated! One day, in sheerdesperation, I wrote to one of my affiliateprograms and suggested that the market was nowsaturated with their product - it was no longerpossible to sell it.
The next day I received a very nice reply. "TheInternet is HUGE", they said. "We predict it willbe five years before the market is saturated withour product. And long before that, we will haveintroduced our next product." They were right, ofcourse. The problem was not with the market (theInternet is huge). Nor was the problem with theirproduct. The problem was in the way I waspresenting it.
Since then, my affiliate sales have soared. Why?Because I learnt a few secrets to winning theaffiliate game. Here they are:
1. Choose affiliate programs that relate veryclosely to the theme of your website. Let me giveyou an example. Of the three affiliate products Isell from my web site, the one that does best bya long way is an eBook that shows people how togenerate free Ezine advertising. Why does it doso well? Because my website is a directory ofezines and most of my visitors are alreadyinterested in Ezine Advertising before they evenarrive at my website - I don't have to persuadethem very much.
2. Buy the product yourself! Research acrossdozens of affiliate programs shows that at least70% of sales in any affiliate program are made bythe small percentage of affiliates who actuallybuy the product they're selling. It makes sensedoesn't it (how can you recommend somethingyou've never used)?
3. Banners - they don't work anymore, and someexperts believe banners will actually damage youraffiliate sales.
4. Personal recommendation. The human factor isvery important on the Internet - people want toknow that someone else has bought the product andthat it worked for them. But to write aconvincing personal recommendation, you'll haveto buy, read and use the product you're selling.
5. 'Over-selling' - this is the most commonmistake of affiliates. Keep in mind that all youneed to do to succeed with affiliate programs isto get your potential customer to click throughto the affiliate website in an 'open-to-buy'mindset. If the affiliate program is good, theaffiliate website will make the sale. So don'ttry to sell the product from your website - justaim to get a click on your affiliate link.
5. Standard Ads. When you join an affiliateprogram, you'll probably be given some standardads to use. Don't use them! Why? Because yourpotential customer has probably seen those exactsame ads on dozens of websites and in dozens ofEzines. And if that standard ad hasn't led themto buy the product so far, it probably won't now.Something new and original is required.
6. Back-end sales. Once you're succeeding in oneaffiliate program, join another program thatoffers a related product and use the techniquethat marketers call 'back-end' sales. It's a wellknown fact that people are much more likely tobuy from someone they have already bought from.So when someone makes a purchase from youraffiliate link, send them a nice follow-upletter. At the end of the letter, tell them aboutyour other affiliate product and how it can helpthem.
Michael Southon has been writing for the Internet for over 3
years. He has shown hundreds of webmasters how to use this
simple technique to build a successful online business. Click
here to find out more: http://ezine-writer.com/
Search Engine Journal
Amazon oneTag – Using it to Earn More Affiliate Revenue?
Search Engine Journal
Retail Briefing: Retailers are trying to loosen Amazon's grip on affiliate revenue
As customer acquisition costs through Facebook and Google rise, retailers are turning to publishers for help. Affiliate partnerships with publishers is becoming an increasingly appealing solution for retailers to drive traffic to their sites with ...
Business Wire (press release)
MainStem, Inc. Continues Expansion in the Ancillary Cannabis Supply Industry and Prepares for Merida-Led Series C ...
Business Wire (press release)
MainStem also saw over 500% Quarter over Quarter growth in affiliate revenue, and now serves customers across 13 states and Puerto Rico. The company, part of the Merida Capital Partners portfolio of companies, has been growing exponentially over a ...
Viacom Soars on Affiliate Revenue Forecast
On a day when the Dow Jones Industrial Average officially entered market correction territory, and despite disappointing revenue growth in its fiscal first quarter, Viacom stock soared Thursday after the programmer increased its forecasts for ...
Viacom forecasts growth rebound in US ad sales, affiliate revenue
Domestic affiliate revenue, or the fees collected from U.S. cable and satellite operators and online distributors, fell 4 percent to $934 million in the quarter. Analysts expected a 4.2 percent drop, according to FactSet. Net income attributable to ...
Viacom says turnaround is on track, profit beats
Viacom Says Its Turnaround Is On Track
Viacom Reports Strong Second Quarter Results
Disney (DIS) Down 3.6% Since Last Earnings Report: Can It Rebound?
The increase in broadcasting operating income was due to higher program sales, affiliate revenue growth and increased network advertising revenues, partially offset by an increase in programing costs. The increase in program sales was driven by higher ...
SEC FORM 4 - SEC.gov
How to Build a Profitable Business Online by Selling Nothing
... or experts who not only run product launches, but have a partner program. While not every business will be able to take advantage of all three of these strategies, decide which one works best for your industry and start building up that affiliate ...
Viacom Posts Earnings Gains Despite Paramount Loss, Affiliate Revenue Drop
Viacom delivered an improved financial performance for its fiscal fourth quarter despite a drop in cable affiliate revenue and a $59 million hit on the Paramount side from the collapse of its film financing deal with China's Huahua. Viacom topped ...
Viacom Shares Slide After Mixed Q4 Earnings Report, Affiliate Weakness
Viacom expects distributor revenue to drop in 2018; shares sink
Viacom Stock Falls Amid Lower Sub Fee Forecasts
Travel Brand 'Andrew Harper' Returns To Original Name: 'Hideaway Report'
Some 90% of Hideaway Report's revenue comes from subscriptions. The rest is affiliate revenue from partnerships with travel and wine companies. Bailey, who became the CEO of Hideaway Report magazine last September, is working to build a digital-first ...
Disney sees Q3 year-over-year earnings growth, thanks partly to ESPN's affiliate revenue growth and lower severance ...
The increase at ESPN was due to affiliate revenue growth and the comparison to severance and contract termination costs incurred in the prior-year quarter, partially offset by higher programming costs and a decrease in advertising revenue. Affiliate ...
Disney Sees 7% Revenue Gains Overall, ESPN Ads Down
A closer look at some plans for Disney's Star Wars hotel - The Business Journals
The Walt Disney Company - DIS - Stock Price Today - Zacks
|home | site map|