Some people are making big money with affiliate programs-some are not. With a little research I have discovered that the people that are not cashing many checks are making the same five mistakes. Why not take a short quiz to see how you rate? Do you qualify as a novice, average, or super affiliate? Try this true and false quiz. You might learn something!
1. To make sure that you get all of the traffic you need, all you have to do is to put a link or banner on your site. Sales will come flooding in. (T or F)
2. It is a good idea to promote as many programs as you can on one web page created solely for that purpose. (T or F)
3. Free classified ads and FFA's generate sufficient traffic. You don't HAVE to invest money into advertising to be effective. (T or F)
4. Use the words, "amazing, fantastic, and incredible" as many times as you can to generate enthusiasm when advertising a site. (T or F)
5. If sales do not come immediately, you should drop the program and find another one that sounds better. (T or F)
How did you do? Let's see?
1. False. Although a smart affiliate will include his link on his web site, this alone will not result in much traffic. It is much smarter to branch out with several kinds of advertising such as paid emails and solo ads to business opportunity seekers. I have found that sending my ads to targeted traffic results in far more sales than "shot gun" marketing to one and all. Although we hope that people will click on our links, we have to get them there first. Targeted traffic programs are best.
2. False. While being actively involved in several different affiliate programs is not harmful, including a dozen affiliate links on a single page with no "main" product advertisment, brands the webmasters as amateurs-especially if the offers conflict with one another! On the other hand, a list of "resources" to the side that complements the main product is a good idea-and may result in sales!
3. False. Although these "freebies" may sound tempting to newbies, we that have been around the net for awhile have discovered that they are generally a waste of valuable time. Using that time to write articles with urls in the signature boxes or gaining testimonials for your site is more profitable. Actually, most super affiliates are willing to invest a few bucks to be successful. Paid email programs and solo ads are inexpensive and still effective. Many good programs will let you begin with as little as ten bucks. That's less than the cost of a decent lunch!
4. False. Using these "hype" phrases when advertising may not generate as much enthusiasm as it does skepticism. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. We know this. So, tell the truth. If you have a good product, then tell your potential customer how he can benefit. Then let him decide how "amazing" it is. If it really is so awesome, then testimonials will do the real advertising.
5. False. Big mistake! Give the program some time. DON'T give up quickly. While it's not a bad idea to test out new programs, don't jump from program to program. You'll find that legitimate programs with good products will pay off if you are patient.
Your score: 2 or less correct. Right now, you are in the NOVICE rating. Your affiliate marketing skills need to be honed. But don't despair! You need help and there are lots of terrific techniques out there that are just what you need to achieve that affiliate income that you've always wanted!!
3-4 correct. You are an AVERAGE affiliate. You have obviously been around affiliate marketing awhile, but you could use a refresher course. I highly recommend finding a pro to learn from! Before long, you too will be a SUPER AFFILIATE!
All 5 correct: You are a SUPER affiliate! Keep up the good work and don't forget that the best affiliate marketers NEVER stop learning!
What affiliate program do I recommend personally? Well...
mine, of course!
Smart Author Software. People are making money.
(See? No hype. Just the facts.)
Kristi Sayles, software creator and author of numerous articles published in high profile success magazines such as Executive Update, Home Business Journal, Home Business Connection, Inet Exec, and Cutting Edge Opportunities is a freelance writer/teacher in Camden, TN. She invites everyone to take a look at her online newsletter at http://smartauthor.com/treasures.html. You can find out how to sign up to be an affiliate of her writing software program collection - making 50% right now! ($98.50 at the time of this writing.)
Global Affiliate Marketing Platform Market, Top key players are AWIN, ShareASale, Taobao, JD, Amazon, eBay, Shopify, Clickbank, Rakuten, Leadpages, StudioPress, CJ Affiliate, Bluehost, ConvertKit, MaxBounty, Google, Tapgerine, MaxBounty, and Tradedoubler - Financial Sector Global Affiliate Marketing Platform Market, Top key players are AWIN, ShareASale, Taobao, JD, Amazon, eBay, Shopify, Clickbank, Rakuten, Leadpages, StudioPress, CJ Affiliate, Bluehost, ConvertKit, MaxBounty, Google, Tapgerine, MaxBounty, and Tradedoubler Financial Sector
5 Tips If You Want To Be A Reseller
If you are planning to be a reseller for a product or many products, here are five great tips you can use for your own! A good way to source for quality products with great demand is to purchase a yearly (or even lifetime!) access to membership websites dedicated to resale rights. These membership sites offer products such as E-books, software, templates, and audio/video with resale rights.
Will the Online Quiz Make the Old Fashioned Printed Quiz Obsolete?
Q. Can you tell me the benefits of publishing an online quiz versus a printed one?A.
Keeping Your Sub-Affiliates From Quitting
One of the biggest if not the leading problem for internet marketers is keeping your affiliates from quitting. The time and effort that has been put forth to get your affiliates can seem like a waste of time if soon after joining your program they either opt-out or become inactive.
Accounting for Affiliate Marketers
If you are an affiliate marketer, then you are in business. Therefore, you should treat it like a business.
5 Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing an Affiliate Program
When people decide to join an affiliate program to make extra money, or to have a full time job, they often do so with illusions and no idea of how the affiliate program actually works. Read the following top 5 mistakes people make when it comes to choosing an affiliate program and avoid these mistakes at all costs.
9 Steps to Success in Affiliate Marketing
1.Join an Affiliate Program: Join programs that interest you personally.
The Affiliate Model - How To Make Money As An Affiliate
Affiliate programs are a very easy and effective way to make money on the Internet right? so how do they work?Essentially, affiliate programs are a way that you can promote other people's products and get paid a commission for promoting them. You can get paid to promote almost any type of product and service on the web.
Common Mistakes Made by Unsuccessful Affiliates
A vast majority of successful online entrepreneurs are affiliates of successful websites on the net. This is what has continuously attracted many people into joining the ranks of affiliates.
Unique Joint Venture Twist: Make Huge Profits Even If You Have No Money, No Products, and No List
Would you like to jumpstart your online or offline business without spending a ton of money?Without a doubt, joint venture marketing is the most powerful secret to making money online or offline.In its simplest form, you partner with someone else: You either sell their product to your customer base or they sell your product to theirs.
How to Easily Increase Your Affiliate Commissions in Two Days or Less?
Clearly, the people benefiting the most from affiliate programs are the companies running them. My goal here is to help you - the affiliate - earn more money.
How To Build Website - Seven Steps For Building Optimized Websites For Affiliate Programs
The web has developed in such a mass marketing arena, that many offline advertisers are now coming online.
This is the first sign that selling online will be a trillion dollar media in a couple years.
How to Start Your Own Affiliate Program - Internet Marketing
This is how most entrepreneurs become filthy stinking rich! EVEN Ebay has an affiliate program!The truth is its hard generating traffic on your own and if you want massive amounts of traffic this is the best way I know of. The great thing about creating your own affiliate program is you don't have to pay a cent until one of your affiliates makes a sale.
Affiliate Marketing - Conversions
What is a good converting site?Well they say a "good" converting site is one that sells 1 in 100 visitors.Now once you've chosen which affiliate program you want to promote using Google Adwords you may be thinking "well I'll just let it run for 100 clicks and if I don't make a sale I'll give it the flick".
Affiliate Program Basics
Affiliate Program is a ground floor opportunity. All you have to do is send visitors to your affiliate web site by placing a textlink or banner on your website and receive a commission on each sale, without the complication and expense of selling anything yourself.
9 Ways to Catapult Your Affiliate Marketing Career
Affiliate marketing involves the promotion of a website by a person known as the affiliate. He is the one who acts as the middleman between the merchant and the customer.
Affiliate Programs - How to Pick the Solid Ones
This is very important, because your reputation is on stake here! Joining the wrong affiliate programs will only hurt your online business.First of all, it is almost impossible for you to collect adequate informations on those merchant companies.
Expanding Your Business With Affiliate Programs
Many people think that they can only get involved in e-commerce if they have a product or service of their own to sell -- or a lot of products and services to sell. But this simply isn't true.
Affiliate Marketing: An Online Marketing Strategy
Everybody it seems can make money online. The simplest way perhaps is to make money online through affiliate marketing.
Affiliate Marketing - Ten Excellent Reasons Why You Should Do It
There are many opportunities to make money working on the Internet. Becoming an affiliate marketer is a great way of having your own online business.
Whats LinkShare, And Do I Need To Use It?
Online affiliate marketing is one of the most effective, cheapest and fastest ways to promote merchandise. With millions of people getting access to the Internet everyday, there's a great chance for a merchant to introduce his products and services to a wider market, thereby, maximizing his revenue.