|Affiliate Revenue Information|
5 Deadly Mistakes That Affiliates Make - A Quiz
Some people are making big money with affiliate programs-some are not. With a little research I have discovered that the people that are not cashing many checks are making the same five mistakes. Why not take a short quiz to see how you rate? Do you qualify as a novice, average, or super affiliate? Try this true and false quiz. You might learn something!
1. To make sure that you get all of the traffic you need, all you have to do is to put a link or banner on your site. Sales will come flooding in. (T or F)
2. It is a good idea to promote as many programs as you can on one web page created solely for that purpose. (T or F)
3. Free classified ads and FFA's generate sufficient traffic. You don't HAVE to invest money into advertising to be effective. (T or F)
4. Use the words, "amazing, fantastic, and incredible" as many times as you can to generate enthusiasm when advertising a site. (T or F)
5. If sales do not come immediately, you should drop the program and find another one that sounds better. (T or F)
How did you do? Let's see?
1. False. Although a smart affiliate will include his link on his web site, this alone will not result in much traffic. It is much smarter to branch out with several kinds of advertising such as paid emails and solo ads to business opportunity seekers. I have found that sending my ads to targeted traffic results in far more sales than "shot gun" marketing to one and all. Although we hope that people will click on our links, we have to get them there first. Targeted traffic programs are best.
2. False. While being actively involved in several different affiliate programs is not harmful, including a dozen affiliate links on a single page with no "main" product advertisment, brands the webmasters as amateurs-especially if the offers conflict with one another! On the other hand, a list of "resources" to the side that complements the main product is a good idea-and may result in sales!
3. False. Although these "freebies" may sound tempting to newbies, we that have been around the net for awhile have discovered that they are generally a waste of valuable time. Using that time to write articles with urls in the signature boxes or gaining testimonials for your site is more profitable. Actually, most super affiliates are willing to invest a few bucks to be successful. Paid email programs and solo ads are inexpensive and still effective. Many good programs will let you begin with as little as ten bucks. That's less than the cost of a decent lunch!
4. False. Using these "hype" phrases when advertising may not generate as much enthusiasm as it does skepticism. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. We know this. So, tell the truth. If you have a good product, then tell your potential customer how he can benefit. Then let him decide how "amazing" it is. If it really is so awesome, then testimonials will do the real advertising.
5. False. Big mistake! Give the program some time. DON'T give up quickly. While it's not a bad idea to test out new programs, don't jump from program to program. You'll find that legitimate programs with good products will pay off if you are patient. Your score: 2 or less correct. Right now, you are in the NOVICE rating. Your affiliate marketing skills need to be honed. But don't despair! You need help and there are lots of terrific techniques out there that are just what you need to achieve that affiliate income that you've always wanted!!
3-4 correct. You are an AVERAGE affiliate. You have obviously been around affiliate marketing awhile, but you could use a refresher course. I highly recommend finding a pro to learn from! Before long, you too will be a SUPER AFFILIATE!
All 5 correct: You are a SUPER affiliate! Keep up the good work and don't forget that the best affiliate marketers NEVER stop learning!
What affiliate program do I recommend personally? Well... mine, of course!
Smart Author Software. People are making money.
(See? No hype. Just the facts.)
Kristi Sayles, software creator and author of numerous articles published in high profile success magazines such as Executive Update, Home Business Journal, Home Business Connection, Inet Exec, and Cutting Edge Opportunities is a freelance writer/teacher in Camden, TN. She invites everyone to take a look at her online newsletter at http://smartauthor.com/treasures.html. You can find out how to sign up to be an affiliate of her writing software program collection - making 50% right now! ($98.50 at the time of this writing.)
21st Century Fox: Affiliate Fee Growth Remains Key Driver
Affiliate revenue, which contributes nearly 45% of Fox's overall revenue, remains one of the leading affiliate business generators in the media space. It's followed by CBS (CBS) and Viacom (VIAB), which both posted revenue of ~$1.2 billion. CBS had the ...
Twenty-first Century Fox, Inc. - FOXA - Stock Price Today - Zacks
Amazon Alexa Fights Microsoft Cortana On The Windows 10 Battlefield
No doubt Amazon will be providing affiliate revenue to manufacturing partners who ship Alexa on their hardware. Mayank Pamar reports: Amazon recently detailed the features of Alexa for PCs on a signup page. Amazon says that Alexa for PC would work just ...
21st Century Fox's Television Segment Still Stable
Media mogul Twenty-First Century Fox's (FOXA) (or Fox's) Television segment, which deals with the broadcasting of network programming in the United States, reported revenue of $1.1 billion in fiscal 1Q18. That's a 2.6% rise YoY (year-over-year). The ...
21st Century Fox's Cable Business Is Looking Strong
The Cable Network business, which generates the bulk of revenue for Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA) (or Fox), reported a solid fiscal 1Q18. Its revenue grew 10.1% YoY (year-over-year) to nearly $4.2 billion, driven by double-digit growth in affiliate ...
Birch raises $1 million to help you reap the best credit card rewards ...
Birch Finance, a TechCrunch Disrupt 2016 Battlefield alum, has raised a $1 million seed round from AGP Miami, Kevin Johnson, the former CEO of Ebates and Frank Azor, founder of Alienware. The plan is to grow Birch Finance's user base and increase its ...
eBay Affiliates Could See Disruption in Earnings
eBay Partner Network affiliate program eBay is making a change in how it attributes transactions to members of its affiliate program that could impact their earnings. The change is a precursor to a new tracking system eBay will launch later this year ...
Viacom Posts Earnings Gains Despite Paramount Loss, Affiliate Revenue Drop
Viacom delivered an improved financial performance for its fiscal fourth quarter despite a drop in cable affiliate revenue and a $59 million hit on the Paramount side from the collapse of its film financing deal with China's Huahua. Viacom topped ...
Viacom Shares Slide After Mixed Q4 Earnings Report ... - Deadline
Viacom Stock Falls Amid Lower Sub Fee Forecasts
Viacom beats revenue estimates despite declining affiliate sales
Data And Diversification: How Publishers Survived 2017
Many publishers tried to capitalize on their purchase influence, or ability to generate affiliate revenue. Time Out Digital is building a business that links its recommendations to click-to-book travel, similar to TripAdvisor. XO Group wants a cut of ...
New York Business Journal
Viacom wants in on celebrity-branded content via Whosay - New ...
New York Business Journal
The deal is expected to help the New York-based media and cable conglomerate (NASDAQ: VIA) bolster its sales and branding efforts via social media. Whosay, founded in 2010 by CEO Steve Ellis, started out as an invitation-only social network for ...
Eye For Travel
Is the smart home behind a future revolution in vacation rentals?
Eye For Travel
If all goes according to plan, this ability to truly personalise will be good for guests. But it will be good for property management companies too, which will get an affiliate revenue share from the company offering any of the above-mentioned services ...
|home | site map|