|Affiliate Revenue Information|
5 Deadly Mistakes That Affiliates Make - A Quiz
Some people are making big money with affiliate programs-some are not. With a little research I have discovered that the people that are not cashing many checks are making the same five mistakes. Why not take a short quiz to see how you rate? Do you qualify as a novice, average, or super affiliate? Try this true and false quiz. You might learn something!
1. To make sure that you get all of the traffic you need, all you have to do is to put a link or banner on your site. Sales will come flooding in. (T or F)
2. It is a good idea to promote as many programs as you can on one web page created solely for that purpose. (T or F)
3. Free classified ads and FFA's generate sufficient traffic. You don't HAVE to invest money into advertising to be effective. (T or F)
4. Use the words, "amazing, fantastic, and incredible" as many times as you can to generate enthusiasm when advertising a site. (T or F)
5. If sales do not come immediately, you should drop the program and find another one that sounds better. (T or F)
How did you do? Let's see?
1. False. Although a smart affiliate will include his link on his web site, this alone will not result in much traffic. It is much smarter to branch out with several kinds of advertising such as paid emails and solo ads to business opportunity seekers. I have found that sending my ads to targeted traffic results in far more sales than "shot gun" marketing to one and all. Although we hope that people will click on our links, we have to get them there first. Targeted traffic programs are best.
2. False. While being actively involved in several different affiliate programs is not harmful, including a dozen affiliate links on a single page with no "main" product advertisment, brands the webmasters as amateurs-especially if the offers conflict with one another! On the other hand, a list of "resources" to the side that complements the main product is a good idea-and may result in sales!
3. False. Although these "freebies" may sound tempting to newbies, we that have been around the net for awhile have discovered that they are generally a waste of valuable time. Using that time to write articles with urls in the signature boxes or gaining testimonials for your site is more profitable. Actually, most super affiliates are willing to invest a few bucks to be successful. Paid email programs and solo ads are inexpensive and still effective. Many good programs will let you begin with as little as ten bucks. That's less than the cost of a decent lunch!
4. False. Using these "hype" phrases when advertising may not generate as much enthusiasm as it does skepticism. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. We know this. So, tell the truth. If you have a good product, then tell your potential customer how he can benefit. Then let him decide how "amazing" it is. If it really is so awesome, then testimonials will do the real advertising.
5. False. Big mistake! Give the program some time. DON'T give up quickly. While it's not a bad idea to test out new programs, don't jump from program to program. You'll find that legitimate programs with good products will pay off if you are patient. Your score: 2 or less correct. Right now, you are in the NOVICE rating. Your affiliate marketing skills need to be honed. But don't despair! You need help and there are lots of terrific techniques out there that are just what you need to achieve that affiliate income that you've always wanted!!
3-4 correct. You are an AVERAGE affiliate. You have obviously been around affiliate marketing awhile, but you could use a refresher course. I highly recommend finding a pro to learn from! Before long, you too will be a SUPER AFFILIATE!
All 5 correct: You are a SUPER affiliate! Keep up the good work and don't forget that the best affiliate marketers NEVER stop learning!
What affiliate program do I recommend personally? Well... mine, of course!
Smart Author Software. People are making money.
(See? No hype. Just the facts.)
Kristi Sayles, software creator and author of numerous articles published in high profile success magazines such as Executive Update, Home Business Journal, Home Business Connection, Inet Exec, and Cutting Edge Opportunities is a freelance writer/teacher in Camden, TN. She invites everyone to take a look at her online newsletter at http://smartauthor.com/treasures.html. You can find out how to sign up to be an affiliate of her writing software program collection - making 50% right now! ($98.50 at the time of this writing.)
Disney sees Q3 year-over-year earnings growth, thanks partly to ESPN's affiliate revenue growth and lower severance ...
The increase at ESPN was due to affiliate revenue growth and the comparison to severance and contract termination costs incurred in the prior-year quarter, partially offset by higher programming costs and a decrease in advertising revenue. Affiliate ...
Disney earnings miss, but studio revenue jumps 20% year over year
Disney DTC to Coexist?
Disney Q3 earnings miss as streaming costs mount
Viacom: A Long-Term Hold - Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ:VIAB) | Seeking ...
Viacom shares have traded flat for the majority of this year, even as the latest Q3 results showed a company in the midst of a turnaround. Revenue comps are ...
Wall Street Journal
Viacom's Revenue Falls on Slump in Ad Sales, Filmed Entertainment
Wall Street Journal
However, Viacom executives predicted that domestic affiliate revenue would return to growth in the September quarter for the first time in more than a year, driven by rate increases and the growth of streaming pay-TV bundles. They also expect domestic ...
Viacom Reports Third Quarter Results
Viacom reports revenue below estimates on weak advertising sales
Cramer: I'd rather own the 'given-up-on' stock of Viacom than CBS
Jim Cramer backs Viacom's turnaround and says it has "much more opportunity for upside" than the beloved CBS.
CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Viacom reports revenue below estimates on weak advertising sales
(Corrects affiliate revenue to $1.15 billion from $978 million in second paragraph). Aug 9 (Reuters) - Viacom Inc reported quarterly revenue below Wall Street estimates on Thursday, as domestic advertising sales fell and the media company collected ...
Apple shuts App Store affiliate program, imperiling recommendation sites
The move will likely have an outsized impact on sites that provide editorial reviews and recommendations of mobile games and other apps, which rely on that affiliate revenue for much of their budget. The announcement, which will become effective ...
Apple Ends App Store Affiliate Program
Apple's plans to cut apps out of its affiliate program may shut down independent iOS news sites
Apple kills app affiliate commissions, imperiling small publishers
Viacom secures ad-targeting deal with Fox
However, with domestic advertising revenue and affiliate revenue (such as fees from TV packages) both declining 3% during the quarter, Viacom wants to develop new income streams by expanding its ad tech capabilities to other media companies. “This is a ...
Disney Earnings Shaved by Rising Costs
24/7 Wall St.
Disney attributed the increase to higher program sales, affiliate revenue growth and increased network advertising revenue, partially offset by higher programming costs. Operating income from broadcasting rose by 43% to $361 million but fell by 5% in ...
Disney (DIS) Misses on Q3 Earnings & Revenues, Shares Fall
Walt Disney Company (The) (DIS) Q3 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
Disney's Star Wars Hotel Episode 1: A New Concept
NBCUniversal Earnings Rise Despite Lower Film Unit Profit
"NBCUniversal's performance was highlighted by continued momentum in affiliate revenue at our cable networks business, and Telemundo presented its first-ever FIFA World Cup, which set multiple records for the network," said Comcast chairman and CEO ...
5 Big Numbers From Disney's Earnings Report -- The Motley Fool
Disney (NYSE:DIS) announced fiscal third-quarter earnings results this week that included strong growth in a few of the media giant's biggest business lines.
|home | site map|